Cold Iron Studios has decided to try and do what Gearbox couldn’t and release a game set in the Aliens universe. Aliens: Fireteam Elite released today, but there’s a big issue for some players: there’s no FOV slider. However, some enterprising players have already figured out how to change the Aliens: Fireteam Elite FOV without a slider.
FOV stands for “Field of View”, and most games have a slider option that allows players to expand their field of view to avoid situations where they may be caught by surprise by an enemy that they can’t see. Since you’ll be surrounded by Xenomorphs in Fireteam Elite, it’s probably best that you keep your head on a swivel as much as possible, and here’s how.
- First, you need to download a program called the Universal Unreal Engine 4 Unlocker
- Transfer its files into a folder that you have access to
- From there, restart Aliens: Fireteam Elite, and click “Continue Game.”
- Run the UuuClient.exe from the Unlocker
- Select the Aliens Fireteam process and click “Inject the DLL”
- The window will then change. Tab back into the game and open the console using the ~ key.
- Change the Aliens: Fireteam Elite FOV by using the “fov xxx” command.
It’s not a perfect process; you’ll have to repeat it every time you enter a new mission, but it’s definitely better than having a limited FOV in the game and suffering for it. But, if that method seems too complicated for you, there’s another, easier method that you can also try to get the Aliens: Fireteam Elite FOV to your satisfaction.
- Go to the configuration files location (%LOCALAPPDATA%\Endeavor\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor)
- Open GameUserSettings.ini
- Locate the line that starts with FieldOfView and modify the value to whatever you like (such as 120)
- Then save the changes.
This will likely have a similar caveat to the first method, but as long as you get a wider field of view out of it, it will hopefully be worth it. You can buy Aliens: Fireteam Elite now on Xbox One, Playstation 4, PC, Xbox Series X, and Playstation 5.